AQ6500 Filtration Media Specification
AQ6500 is the revolutionary Iron, Manganese, and Arsenic Metal Filtration Media that has been extensively used in a wide variety of applications for over 15 years.
Aquasol distributes this technology with associated equipment. The unique micro porous structure of AQ6500 makes it efficient in the removal of Iron, Manganese, and Arsenic compounds from raw water.
Advantages of AQ 6500 include:
- Filtration speed at up to twice the amount of ordinary filtration. L.V. 10-30 m3/hr (effective at high filtration rates)
- No chemical regeneration is required. Only periodic backwashing required.
- Easy, fast installation and decreased washing time at trial operation.
- Superior reduction capabilities of Iron and Manganese concentrations, with results of 0.005 ppm and less than 0.001 ppm respectively having been achieved.
- Requires only a continuous 0.1 to 0.3 ppm injection of Sodium Hypochlorite to remain activated during operation and backwash. No other chemicals required.
- Coagulants not necessary other than for special applications
- Long life material. Stable performance in a wide range of temperature and pH applications
- Extremely competitive pricing makes AQ6500 suitable for a much wider variety of applications than competitive media.
AQ6500 acts as a catalyst allowing immediate oxidization and removal of the insoluble precipitate. Arsenic when bound as ferroarsenate also be removed down to <1ppb.
AQ6500 is not consumed in the process providing enormous advantages over other removal processes. AQ 6500 is manufactured and supplied in 20 kg plastic lined bags or 1 tone bulker bags. Both are packed on export grade pallets and plastic wrapped for secure transport.